may it be happy, healthy and prosperous!
Actually, Chris and I don’t celebrate the New Year at all. I had a chat with SB today about New years, calendars and why they were useful, but that actually they weren’t tied in with anything such as the solstice – whcih for me would be more logical.
So I don’t then do new years resolutions really, but I can do aims and aspirations. my summing up the year I think I did in the Happy bloggiversary post, and doesn’t really need a rehash.
So some aims, aspirations, ambitions
5 practical ones
1. must do tax return
2.must sort out passport/driving licence
3. when april comes, do a new finacial budget and stock taking [see, I use the financial year for tht one!
4. maybe even do tax return in May!
5 domestic ones
we live in a house skirting disaster of chaos so
1. have a routine - a task a day kind of thing if possible!
2. sort out seeds and veg in good time
3. try to initiate tidying at the end of a task so it doesn't build up
4 ebay the unnecessary!
5 HE related ones
1. sort out when to stop nursery
2. actually commit to an ed phil!
3. utilise the resources we have before eyeing up other ones
4. start going more to local groups
5 personal ones
1. aim to find a home/work balance
2. cherish the moments I have rather than regret for what I cannot change or dream of a different future [carpe diem!]
3. Aim to lose weight – would like a BMI of approx 28-30
4. run about more without breaking anything!
well, they were all 4′s in the end.
the essence is simple. I want to live and love in the present.
I cannot change easily how my life is structured, but i can be an agent for change, and persist in looking for the option that works. I can’t devote my life to dreaming this though, and should live the days as they come, as they are all I have.
I must not regret then the pattern of the days, and pine after things that could have been different. instead, make sure that I grasp what i have to the best i can, accepting that I can be crap and dejected and waste time like the best of them, but that this is part of life’s tapestry and not to be dwelt on.
That sometimes i need to be clearer to myself and family what my needs actually are.
That when my children’s behaviousr is challenging, I need to stpe back and look at the family dynamics so see where the root of this may be, and perhaps that way at least understand even if the managing is difficult.
To just continue to love unconditionally my family.
there you go, managed to reflect a bit! hope all you party animals have a good party!